Yep. After a long thinking and planning, here it is: my first capsule wardrobe for fall 2015 using Project 333.
Project 333 Capsule wardrobe: fashion minimalist challenge that invites you to dress yourself with 33 items or less for a period of 3 months.
- When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
- What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
- What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
- How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
- What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.
I want to live with less, simplify my life and make it easier. And having 30 items in my closet for the next 3 months will definitely help.
Here’s what I chose:
1. black-grey striped t-shirt – thrifted
2. grey Harvard t-shirt – Harvard store (gift)
3. black t-shirt – h&m
4. white t-shirt – h&m
5 yellow long sleeve shirt – h&m
6. black long sleeve shirt – tezenis
7. white oversized cocoon cardigan – thrifted
8. green sweater – h&m
9. grey fitted sweater – no brand (gift)
10. black polka dot blouse – lindex
11. denim shirt – replay (gift)
12. red plaid shirt – h&m
13. grey dress – h&m
14. black skater skirt – h&m
15. grey jeggins – h&m
16. black maxi skirt – no brand
17 black skinny jeans – h&m
18. black bag – kipling
19. blue/grey backpack – fjallraven
20. green infinity scarf – h&m
21. black-grey cape/scarf – berlin market (gift)
22. gloves – c&a
23. black hat – thrifted
24. black vegan boots – nae
25. black lace up boots- dr. martens (amazon)
26. brown lace up boots – dr. martens (thrifted)
27. black belt – no brand (very old one, can’t remember where I got it)
28. black skinny belt – no brand (very old one, can’t remember where I got it)
29. sporty jacket – thrifted
30. faux leather jacket – monton
I have never been a shopaholic, these items were purchased/collected during these last few years or months. I want to become a more conscious and sustainable shopper, trying not to encourage the sick fast fashion system. Here are my thoughts about this topic:
It’s not about suffering for not being able to have things, but it’a about learning to simplify your life and to love and take care more of what you have.